Walt Disney World can be viewed as the younger cousin to Disneyland. Both were visions of Walt Disney. Walt Disney World is the grander vision but Disneyland was his first vision. As a result, there are ways in which Disneyland is “better” than it’s younger, more expansive cousin to the east. Arguing which theme park is better is like arguing who is a better character Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse. That being said, here are some ways that, I think, Disneyland is “better” than Walt Disney World.
I don’t spend a lot of time talking about Disneyland (mainly because it’s been a long time since I’ve last been there) but last night Disney announced some of its plans for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland starting in May. Some of these events look really good and make want to make a trip out to California this summer to experience them.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and the Carthay Circle Theatre will get Diamond medallions and sparkle with diamond overlays to the building
- A new fireworks show “Disneyland Forever.”
- Paint the Night Parade which debuted at Hong Kong Disneyland late in 2014.
- A brand-new World of Color show: “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Disney”
- Plus many more announcements and special merchandise to come as Disney builds to the 60th anniversary on May 22, 2015
If these new events are on par with the new Festival of Fantasy parade, then Disneyland has three new shows which will be must-see attractions. These events sound and look great. They make me want to plan a trip to Disneyland to experience them and everything else that Disneyland has to offer.
Thanks for reading!
As an independent travel agent with Fairytale Journeys, I can provide fee-free quotes on all types of Disney travel: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney. When planning that Disney vacation, please keep me in mind to help you make your vacation the best it can be.