While my wife was spending time with her sister and niece at the Bon Voyage Breakfast, my daughter and I headed into the Magic Kingdom for some exciting time in the parks. We hopped on the monorail for the short ride from The Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom. I really wish there was a way to make a walkway from The Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom like the walkway from The Contemporary but, alas, the water way where the Electrical Water Pageant floats are stored gets in the way. Still we were in the park before 8 am. However, we could not beat the end of the opening stage show and had to walk through the crowds to our first stop, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
Welcome to day 3 of Dad For Disney’s Adventures in Disneyland. For those of you who have just found my adventures, you can catch up at the following links:
One of things that I enjoyed about this trip was being up and ready to go before the parks open….stinking jet lag. But this allowed us to get a head start on the crowds and get a lot of things done before they arrived. Day 3 was no different. Once we got our daughter up and moving, we headed into Disneyland Park for the roller coasters that we missed on our initial visit.
For those who have found the trip report, you can catch up with Day 1 Part 1 so you can get up to speed with the upcoming post. It was a busy morning and afternoon. It was also becoming a long day since we were at 4:30 am Eastern time and it was now rapidly approaching 6 pm Pacific time. Could we stay awake until our 6:50 pm dinner reservation at Blue Bayou Restaurant.
Today, I’m taking a closer look at the very popular Haunted Mansion attraction. Did you know that The Haunted Mansion attraction is in five Disney Parks in some form?
- The original can be found in New Orleans Square at Disneyland (opened August 9, 1969)
- Haunted Mansion is one of the attractions which opened opening day at Walt Disney World on October 1, 1971
- Tokyo Disneyland added Haunted Mansion to it’s list of attractions on April 15, 1983
- Disneyland Paris was first to receive an attraction based on the Haunted Mansion with Phantom Manor which is a “re-imagined” version of the Haunted Mansion attraction. It opened in Frontierland at Disneyland Paris on April 12, 1992
- Another “re-imagining” of Haunted Mansion came to Hong Kong Disneyland in the form of Mystic Manor. This attraction opened at Mystic Point at Hong Kong Disneyland on May 17, 2013
Another interesting fact about the opening of The Haunted Mansion attractions is none of them opened on a Friday the 13th.
Thanks for reading this week’s Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia.