Walt Disney World can be viewed as the younger cousin to Disneyland. Both were visions of Walt Disney. Walt Disney World is the grander vision but Disneyland was his first vision. As a result, there are ways in which Disneyland is “better” than it’s younger, more expansive cousin to the east. Arguing which theme park is better is like arguing who is a better character Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse. That being said, here are some ways that, I think, Disneyland is “better” than Walt Disney World.
I don’t spend a lot of time talking about Disneyland (mainly because it’s been a long time since I’ve last been there) but last night Disney announced some of its plans for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland starting in May. Some of these events look really good and make want to make a trip out to California this summer to experience them.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and the Carthay Circle Theatre will get Diamond medallions and sparkle with diamond overlays to the building
- A new fireworks show “Disneyland Forever.”
- Paint the Night Parade which debuted at Hong Kong Disneyland late in 2014.
- A brand-new World of Color show: “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Disney”
- Plus many more announcements and special merchandise to come as Disney builds to the 60th anniversary on May 22, 2015
If these new events are on par with the new Festival of Fantasy parade, then Disneyland has three new shows which will be must-see attractions. These events sound and look great. They make me want to plan a trip to Disneyland to experience them and everything else that Disneyland has to offer.
Thanks for reading!
As an independent travel agent with Fairytale Journeys, I can provide fee-free quotes on all types of Disney travel: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney. When planning that Disney vacation, please keep me in mind to help you make your vacation the best it can be.
Walt Disney World and Disneyland have lots of character meet-and-greets. Many of them are permanent meet-and-greets with their own themeing, some are temporary or semi-permanent locations, while some are part of a “character-palooza.” A character-palooza is a meet-and-greet which only occurs once per day, if at all, and feature some of the lesser-seen Disney characters. But even still there are some characters who never seen in a Disney parks. Here’s my list of some characters that I would like to meet on a Walt Disney World on Disneyland vacation.
One of the biggest successes at Disneyland has been the addition of Cars Land. Cars Land was completed in 2012 and was seen as the biggest reason why attendance at Disneyland has been on the increase. Cars Land consists of three rides (Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi’s Flying Tires, and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree) along with three restaurants and three shopping areas.
Ever since it’s very popular opening, people have been asking the question: Should another Cars Land be built at Walt Disney World? It’s a great question. Some of the people have even mentally carved out space within Hollywood Studios and mentally closed down attractions to make room for a proposed Cars Land.
Let’s lay out the arguments for and against its addition.
Disney has finally released some information about 24 Hours Rock Your Disney Side event occurring this weekend.
Walt Disney World
- The event kicks off at 6 am on May 23th with a special edition of the Welcome Show featuring heroes and villains making their way into the park
- There will be three Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! parades. The first parade will feature the Disney heroes at 10:00 am. The villains take over the parade at 1:30 pm. Voting will take place throughout the day to see whether heroes or villains will be features in the 5:45 pm parade.
- The new Disney Festival of Fantasy parade will take place at 12:00 noon and 3:30 pm. The Main Street Electrical Parade will have showings at 11:00 pm and 1:00 am on May 24. The villains will take part in a pre-parade celebrating that “It’s Good to Bad.” Celebrate the Magic will be at 8:45 pm, 9:45 pm, and 11:45 pm. There will be one showing of Wishes at 9:00 am.
- At 11:00 pm, Princess Fairytale Hall will be taken over by Maleficent and the Queen from Snow White and be renamed Scary Tale Hall. Anna and Elsa will be in the other half of the hall.
- Around 1:45 am, other Disney villains will take over some the character greeting locations. The most notable will be Jafar instead of Jasmine and Aladdin in Adventureland. Dr. Facilier instead of Princess Tiana and Captain Hook takes the place of Peter Pan.
- In Tomorrowland, the IncrediblesSuperDanceParty will rock Rockettower Plaza from 4:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Starting at 11 pm, guests can view The Incredibles.
- Late at night, Cinderella’s Castle will be “Up All Night” and Frontierland will host the Frontierland Dance Party from 2:00 am to 5:45 am.
- The event comes to a close with a “Special Kiss Goodnight” at the Railroad Station in Main Street USA.