Today’s article is a reader challenge which I picked up on listening to the Enchanted Tiki Talk Podcast earlier this week. Episode 34 of their podcast had them go around EPCOT and eat for less for $40. I assume they took inspiration for this idea from Rachael Ray’s show “$40 A Day.” This brings both “value hunting” and “debate” which have been the themes for this week at Dad For Disney.
I thought this was a great idea for a blog article and EPCOT is great place for this challenge. There are lots of places to get something to eat. A wide variety of foods are present because all the different countries represented in the World Showcase. I can’t see two people giving the same answer because of this variety.
Here are the ground rules:
- Guests must choose 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal, and 1 snack
- Tax does not need to be included in the price of any of the meals
- A 18% gratuity must be included in the price of your table service meal.
- Beer is not a snack (Sorry, Tiki Guys)
For example, here’s what I chose for my meals:
- Build Your Own Pizza with Prosciutto at Via Napoli with water ($17 + 3.50 for the topping = $20.50 + $3.69 tip = $24.19)
- Fish and Chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop with a bottle of water ($8.99 + $2.50 = $11.49)
- Single Scoop of Coconut White Chocolate Ice Cream at L’Artisan des Glace ($3.99)
- My total = $39.67
To help you with your eating quest, you can find up-to-date menus at http://allears.net/dining/locations
I can’t wait to hear what your eating plans would be. There should be a lot of yummy selections. I know there are a lot of things that I left off to fit my $40 budget.
The Dad For Disney Facebook Group got over 100 likes, yesterday, but let’s not stop there. Let’s keep this group growing. Tell your friends about us and share the Disney magic this group brings. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dad-For-Disney/567114656737603
Readers are join our growing group of twitter followers at https://twitter.com/DadForDisney
Thanks for reading!