Dad is volunteering at his daughter’s field day, today, and doesn’t have a full morning to devote to an in-depth blog. This is a solo operation. It’s just Dad who writes everything and sometimes life gets in the way. So, I’m having what I’m calling a “Mousecellanous” Day to capture some recent Disney news that hasn’t made it into a blog post.
The first news item revolves around the upcoming World Cup. Guests may be wondering “where can I catch a match while I am at Disney World?” There are many places both at the parks and in the resorts where guests can sit down and watch.
In the resorts
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar and World Premiere Food Court
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court and Singing Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court and Grandstand Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Sanaa Lounge, Maji Pool Bar and Uzima Springs Pool Bar
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Martha’s Vineyard
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – ESPN Club and Big River Grille and Brewing Works
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Banana Cabana Pool Bar
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The Wave … of American Flavors
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – Crockett’s Tavern
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Gurgling Suitcase
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort – Tambu Lounge and Barefoot Pool Bar
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Everything POP Shopping & Dining
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter – Scat Cat’s Club
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – River Roost
At the Parks
Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Rainforest Cafe
The World Cup headquarters at Disney World will be at EPCOT. The Odyssey Restaurant will be open for matches with food, beverage and merchandise available.
Where is the Odyssey Restaurant? It’s that “vacant” building on the between the Mexico Pavilion and Test Track. The restaurant is only open for special occasions and this is definitely one of them (Dad was a former soccer referee. So, the World Cup is must-see TV in my house).
Also at EPCOT, there will be a Goofy topiary what will be attempting to play soccer for guests to have their photo taken with. This will be located at the entrance to the World Showcase. While the Germany Pavilion will have a special soccer experience for guests.
General Public Ticketing for the Villains Party on August 23rd
Dad has had his ear to the ground on this one. He has been asked by many people as to when tickets will be available to the general public and how much will they cost.
To answer the first question: Yes, Dad has heard that tickets are available to the general public who call 407-WDW-PLAY.
The answer to the second question is unclear. I have not heard a price for general public tickets and Disney has not made an announcement how much the tickets cost. They also haven’t made an official general ticket availability announcement either but Dad has heard cases of the general public having success in buying tickets.
I have told people to assume that adult tickets are going to cost $71+tax and children’s tickets are going to cost $66+tax. This is “day of event” price for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members. To me, this is a natural starting point for advanced ticket pricing for the general public.
Food and Wine Festival Announcements
Disney has released some information about the upcoming Food and Wine Festival starting in September
- Two booths have announced full menus: Farm Fresh Market and Brazil. Farm Fresh Market will feature Bacon and Eggs (applewood smoked bacon, corn, potatoes, and Hollandise sauce with pickled jalapenos). A grilled “yard bird” (read: chicken) with braised greens. Orlando Brewing Company will bring their I-4IPA and Salt Lake City’s Utica Brewing Company will have a Ba Ba Black Lager available. Brazil will bring back a crispy pork belly with beans, onions, cilantro, and avocado. New to the menu will be tilapia with coconut lime sauce and rice (Moqueca du Pescado), Brazilian Cheese Bread (pao de queijo), and Brazilian Coconut Candy (cocadas). Dad would love to try the coconut candy. I’m a sucker for anything with coconut.
- “Sunday mornings with…” This is a new plated meal and will similar to, if not completely replace, the Sweet Sundays event. However, this event is plated and sit-down service while the Sweet Sundays was a buffet-style event. But it will still feature three desserts created by a celebrity chef.
- A “Back to Basics” event has been announced but no real details have been released about this event.
- Free events that have been announced: “Back to Basics”, Eat to the Beat Concert Series, the Marketplace Passport (a book where you check off what food and drink you have experienced), and special book signings. Also, the Festival hours are extended to 10 pm every weekend during the event.
Remember you can follow Dad For Disney on Facebook as well by clicking the like box on the right hand side of the page or by going to:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dad-For-Disney/567114656737603
You can also follow me on Twitter by clicking follow on the right hand side of the page or by going to: https://twitter.com/DadForDisney
Thanks for Reading!